Professional Slewing Drive Slewing Bearing Manufacturer for Dual Worm Drive With Hydraulic Motor
Place of Origin
Tilting Moment Torque
Static Axial Rating
Static Radial Rating
Dynamic Axial Rating
Dynamic Radial Rating
Coresun Drive’s geared rotary drive products are suitable for high-speed, medium-load and high-speed light-load conditions, and are especially suitable for supporting use with light-load tooling equipment of construction machinery. Both open and closed types are available. The main parts are made of high-quality medium-carbon alloy steel. Standard heat treatment and fine CNC equipment processing and manufacturing, and optimized design of structure and strength, you can choose the high durability type with hardened tooth surface, or the ordinary type with better economy. This product is economical and easy to maintain. Convenient and low maintenance cost, it is the best choice for installation of civilian products.
Rotation drive slewing drive, it is a kind of integration of driving power source of the week rotary reducer drive mechanism, its slewing bearing as transmission follower and adhesion mechanism, through the rotary bearing inner and outer circle a circle on the initiative of the cover, driving source and shell, and the other a circle both as a follower, and the connection of the base as driven working parts, so using the rotary bearing itself is the week characteristics of rotary joints, efficient allocation of driving power source and the main transmission parts, make it become a kind of rotary, slow down and drive function in a body and at the same time, simple structure, manufacture and maintenance convenient universal reduction drive mechanism.
According to the variable speed drive of rotation drive form, can be divided into type rotary gear rotation drive and the worm and worm wheel drive, inherit the characteristics of gear transmission and worm gear and worm drive each, are the 2 kinds of rotation drive can be adapted to high speed and low speed applications, in terms of bearing capacity, performance is superior to the tooth worm gear and worm type, and when envelope worm drive is used, its bearing capacity, deformation resistance and transmission have further improve rigidity, but the worm gear and worm type rotary drive in efficiency is inferior to tooth rotation drive.
Heavy-duty dual worm slewing drive Dual-worm slewing drive is usually installed horizontally, and mainly used in engineering machinery. As the worm gear is driven by 2 worm, it can output larger driving moment, more reliable self-locking performance and better safety performance in restricted space.And it is usually applied in occasions of low speed but larger moment, such as flat-form tire trolley and overhead traveling crane.
Production Photo and Application
Coresun Drive makes the metallographic analysis to ensure the quality of raw material to meet the requirement on slewing drive slewing bearing application.
It is sincerely looking CHINAMFG to cooperating with you for and providing you the best quality product & service with all of our heart!
|Tilting Moment Torque:
What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear?
A worm gear offers several advantages and disadvantages that should be considered when selecting it for a specific application. Here’s a detailed explanation of the advantages and disadvantages of using a worm gear:
Advantages of using a worm gear:
- High gear reduction ratio: Worm gears are known for their high gear reduction ratios, which allow for significant speed reduction and torque multiplication. This makes them suitable for applications that require precise motion control and high torque output.
- Compact design: Worm gears have a compact design, making them space-efficient and suitable for applications where size is a constraint. The worm gear’s compactness allows for easy integration into machinery and equipment with limited space.
- Self-locking capability: One of the key advantages of a worm gear is its self-locking property. The angle of the worm thread prevents the reverse rotation of the output shaft, eliminating the need for additional braking mechanisms. This self-locking feature is beneficial for maintaining position and preventing backdriving in applications where holding the load in place is important.
- Quiet operation: Worm gears typically operate with reduced noise levels compared to other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth results in smoother and quieter operation, making them suitable for applications where noise reduction is desired.
- High shock-load resistance: Worm gears have good shock-load resistance due to the sliding contact between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. This makes them suitable for applications that involve sudden or intermittent loads, such as lifting and hoisting equipment.
- Easy installation and maintenance: Worm gears are relatively easy to install and maintain. They often come as a compact unit, requiring minimal assembly. Lubrication maintenance is crucial for optimal performance and longevity, but it is typically straightforward and accessible.
Disadvantages of using a worm gear:
- Lower efficiency: Worm gears tend to have lower mechanical efficiency compared to some other gear types. The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel teeth generates higher frictional losses, resulting in reduced efficiency. However, efficiency can be improved through careful design, quality manufacturing, and proper lubrication.
- Limited speed capability: Worm gears are not suitable for high-speed applications due to their sliding contact and the potential for heat generation. High speeds can lead to increased friction, wear, and reduced efficiency. However, they excel in low to moderate speed applications where high torque output is required.
- Heat generation: The sliding action between the worm and the worm wheel generates friction, which can result in heat generation. In high-load or continuous-duty applications, this heat buildup can affect the efficiency and longevity of the system. Proper lubrication and heat dissipation measures are necessary to mitigate this issue.
- Less suitable for bidirectional motion: While worm gears offer excellent self-locking capabilities in one direction, they are less efficient and less suitable for bidirectional motion. Reversing the direction of the input or output shaft can lead to increased friction, reduced efficiency, and potential damage to the gear system.
- Lower accuracy in positioning: Worm gears may have lower accuracy in positioning compared to some other gear types, such as precision gear systems. The sliding contact and inherent backlash in worm gears can introduce some degree of positioning error. However, for many applications, the accuracy provided by worm gears is sufficient.
- Potential for wear and backlash: Over time, the sliding action in worm gears can lead to wear and the development of backlash, which is the play or clearance between the worm and the worm wheel teeth. Regular inspection, maintenance, and proper lubrication are necessary to minimize wear and reduce backlash.
When considering the use of a worm gear, it’s essential to evaluate the specific requirements of the application and weigh the advantages against the disadvantages. Factors such as torque requirements, speed limitations, positional stability, space constraints, and overall system efficiency should be taken into account to determine if a worm gear is the right choice.
How do you calculate the efficiency of a worm gear?
Calculating the efficiency of a worm gear involves analyzing the power losses that occur during its operation. Here’s a detailed explanation of the process:
The efficiency of a worm gear system is defined as the ratio of output power to input power. In other words, it represents the percentage of power that is successfully transmitted from the input (worm) to the output (worm wheel) without significant losses. To calculate the efficiency, the following steps are typically followed:
- Measure input power: Measure the input power to the worm gear system. This can be done by using a power meter or by measuring the input torque and rotational speed of the worm shaft. The input power is usually denoted as Pin.
- Measure output power: Measure the output power from the worm gear system. This can be done by measuring the output torque and rotational speed of the worm wheel. The output power is usually denoted as Pout.
- Calculate power losses: Determine the power losses that occur within the worm gear system. These losses can be classified into various categories, including:
- Mechanical losses: These losses occur due to friction between the gear teeth, sliding contact, and other mechanical components. They can be estimated based on factors such as gear design, materials, lubrication, and manufacturing quality.
- Bearing losses: Worm gears typically incorporate bearings to support the shafts and reduce friction. Bearing losses can be estimated based on the bearing type, size, and operating conditions.
- Lubrication losses: Inadequate lubrication or inefficient lubricant distribution can result in additional losses. Proper lubrication selection and maintenance are essential to minimize these losses.
- Calculate efficiency: Once the power losses are determined, the efficiency can be calculated using the following formula:
Efficiency = (Pout / Pin) * 100%
The efficiency is expressed as a percentage, indicating the proportion of input power that is successfully transmitted to the output. A higher efficiency value indicates a more efficient gear system with fewer losses.
It is important to note that the efficiency of a worm gear can vary depending on factors such as gear design, materials, lubrication, operating conditions, and manufacturing quality. Additionally, the efficiency may also change at different operating speeds or torque levels. Therefore, it is advisable to consider these factors and conduct efficiency calculations based on specific gear system parameters and operating conditions.
What is the purpose of a self-locking feature in a worm gear?
A self-locking feature in a worm gear serves the purpose of preventing reverse motion or backdriving of the gear system. When a worm gear is self-locking, it means that the worm can rotate the worm wheel, but the reverse action is hindered or restricted, providing a mechanical holding or braking capability. This self-locking feature offers several advantages and is utilized in various applications. Here are the key purposes of the self-locking feature:
- Mechanical Holding: The self-locking capability of a worm gear allows it to hold a specific position or prevent unintended movement when the worm is not actively driving the system. This is particularly useful in applications where it is necessary to maintain a fixed position or prevent the gear from rotating due to external forces or vibrations. Examples include elevators, lifts, and positioning systems.
- Backdriving Prevention: The self-locking feature prevents the worm wheel from driving the worm in the reverse direction. This is advantageous in applications where it is crucial to prevent a load or external force from causing the gear to rotate backward. For instance, in a lifting mechanism, the self-locking feature ensures that the load remains suspended without requiring continuous power input.
- Enhanced Safety: The self-locking property of a worm gear contributes to safety in certain applications. By preventing unintended or undesired motion, it helps maintain stability and reduces the risk of accidents or uncontrolled movement. This is particularly important in scenarios where human safety or the integrity of the system is at stake, such as in heavy machinery or critical infrastructure.
It’s important to note that not all worm gears are self-locking. The self-locking characteristic depends on the design parameters, specifically the helix angle of the worm’s thread. A higher helix angle increases the self-locking tendency, while a lower helix angle reduces or eliminates the self-locking effect. Therefore, when selecting a worm gear for an application that requires the self-locking feature, it is essential to consider the specific design parameters and ensure that the gear meets the necessary requirements.
editor by CX 2023-11-30